FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
No strangers to mud races, these two New Zealanders put in a gallant charge to gain as many points in the CMRC Canadian Nationals as they possibly could.
Mason Phillips, on board his KTM 350 SX-F got caught up in a first turn pile up in moto 1 but did an amazing job navigating the less than perfect track conditions and finished 10th overall for the day. Mason had some mixed feelings about the weekend but is ready to go for Morden, “I had a tough day at Calgary. Bad starts in both motos and the track being so one lined made passing difficult. I'm lucky I salvaged the points that I did. Bring on Morden!”
Keiran Leigh was pumped going into Calgary and it showed with his Dunlop tires helping him get a great start in the second moto and holding the fourth position for a few laps, when the slick conditions took their toll and Keiran went down a couple times. Keiran salvaged 14th in moto two which allowed him to take 9th overall for the day, his third consecutive 9th this season. “I had a mixed day. A bad start in moto 1 but come back for a good finish and then an awesome start moto 2 and a not so good finish. I’m just pumped to be in the top 10.”
Both Mason and Keiran will be in Morden next week looking to gain a few more points in the standings.
Mason and Keiran would like to thank all of their sponsors: Kini Gear, Dunlop Tires, TCI, DL Performance, Valley Speed Performance, Alpinestar boots, FMF, RK Chains, LB Graphics, Cycra plastics, VP Gas, Twin Air, Bel-Ray, Renthal, Spy, IMX and Kermaxx products.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment